The girl in the Mirror
Perhaps a quarter of the population of Filipina girls found around the other parts of the world has a reputation which Isn't very pleasing to many. And just because of that, alota people would quickly judge the rest of the Filipina's based on what they know or may think they know.
It's quite heart breaking to feel as though you're being looked down at just because of your race. Especially in a country which outnumbers you by many other races. Truly it Isn't just because most of the Filipinas you know who are awful at many things means every single one of us are equally the same. Remember that we are just any other human on earth who Isn't perfect.
I have been living in Brunei since the age of 1 and quite frankly I've made both good and bad relationships with many different races. I have never quite actually been treated badly due to my race yet but growing up things just started to look so much different. Even though I've been brought up almost my entire life here, i can differentiate quickly how we are treated so differently to the other races. Differently in terms of trust issues.
Often i hear a lot of stories about other Filippina Women being hooked up in juicy stories as Mistresses, Hookers, Users, Liars, Abusers to their employers and other awful stuff you hear within the country they stay in. This in fact breaks my heart to know that because of these issues, most of my people are looked at this way and I don't blame those who can't seem to trust us easily.
I pray that this issue would be fixed. Where no racism occurs in our midst. Though i am still hurt by the issue, I will stand tall and strong. What lesson would this give? How can I help to solve the problem? Would I have the heart for my people too? Do i remain embarrassed about the situation or should I be brave enough to do something about it?
Guess this is the only thing which I am not proud about my race...
Heartbroken will I remain...
































































