Sunshine
"Still, if you set your heart on God and reach out to him, If you scrub your hands of sin and refuse to entertain evil in your home, You'll be able to face the world unashamed and keep a firm grip on life, guiltless and fearless. You'll forget your troubles; they'll be like old, faded photographs. Your world will be washed in sunshine, every shadow dispersed by dayspring. Full of hope, you'll relax, confident again; you'll look around, sit back, and take it easy. Expansive, without a care in the world, you'll be hunted out by many for your blessing. But the wicked will see none of this. They're headed down a dead-end road with nothing to look forward to—nothing."
I wanna share about an incident that turned out to be an accident. Surely, it was just a devastating way of starting my vacation. Especially when you thought that everything was in place turned out that, that something you hold on to dearly, just loses its way down to the unexpected.
It was a Friday, at around 7:45pm. After our weekly practice for YDM and CADM. Packed up the instruments, settled down for the next destination and without realizing the boot of the car wasn't locked. As we drove out to the street, not far from where we parked, we were already comfortable in our seats until we heard a slam from behind as T stepped on the gas for accileration. Looking from our rear view mirror, there it was, lying in the middle of the road was my guitar bag, with my Fender Squire inside. I felt my heart stopped a beat as I rushed out, ran, and came for it without thinking twice. Cars were passing by it, trying to avoid it. I ran as quickly as I could and when I reached the point, quickly did I unzip the bag to see what damage had been done. Tears just weld up and anger just rushed in. Didn't know what to think, who to blame, and where to even begin. Keeping silent for awhile somehow helped for a bit. but not for long...
Well, as you can sense from how the story had been written - devastated still is all I feel thinking about it. But the damage has been done. There's nothing I could do about it really. There was no one to blame but to just move on from it. I didn't chose to take a pic of the damage coz it would just leave a shot of miserable memories, although Im just speaking about a "thing."
Moral of the story:
DOUBLE CHECK THE BOOT!!! hahaha.. nah! I'm just thankful my guitar still plays a tune and is still in one whole. Most importantly, the incident didn't cause any damage or any further accident s to the other cars on the road.
Felt that often I grip on certain things that are too dear to me, and when an unexpected thing happens, that's when pain comes in. Just like sin. The more you treat it like its hard to let go, the more pain it'll give oneself. I'm just a sinner like anyone else on earth, I've got a lot of bad habits to let go. Laziness is one thing. LOL I gotta scrub that stain off to be able to gain my sunshine back.
But hey, my vacation was still a high-light beyond all shadows. Share with you next time about my Lil' lovely Lutong Trip. For now, just shine! ^_^
In Him,
Laurice
































































